July 30, 2024
A North Carolina judge has ruled that updates on settlement offers from suits stemming from decades-long water contamination at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune cannot be shown at hearings.
June 06, 2024
There have been 58 settlements worth a total of $14.4 million so far in a North Carolina federal court alleging injuries caused by decades-long water contamination at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune between February 2023 and June 4, according to a joint status report filed by the two sides.
June 05, 2024
The North Carolina federal court overseeing the Camp Lejeune contaminated-water litigation said Wednesday that former residents of the Marine base need to show that their illnesses were caused specifically and generally by exposure to the tainted water.
May 13, 2024
The North Carolina federal court overseeing litigation over water contamination at the Camp Lejeune military base on Monday denied the service members' attempt to appeal an order that struck down their bid for jury trials, saying that it's not an issue that warrants appeal.
May 09, 2024
The federal government on Wednesday told the North Carolina federal court overseeing litigation over water contamination at the Camp Lejeune base that it has already produced muster rolls and that the court should deny the service members' request to produce more records.
May 02, 2024
Family members of former residents of Camp Lejeune who died, allegedly after being exposed to contaminated drinking water, asked the North Carolina federal court overseeing the litigation on Wednesday to clarify who can qualify to act as a legal representative for out-of-state decedents.
April 30, 2024
The leadership group for former residents of Camp Lejeune who claim that contaminated drinking water caused their diseases has told the North Carolina federal court overseeing their case that it's too soon to limit trials to just plaintiffs who allege only one disease.
April 18, 2024
The federal government has asked the North Carolina federal court overseeing the litigation over contaminated water at the Camp Lejeune base to rethink its decision from two months ago to allow some plaintiffs to opt out of discovery pre-trial.
April 09, 2024
The federal government has asked the North Carolina court overseeing litigation concerning contaminated water at Camp Lejeune to first try cases brought by former residents of the Marine base who allege they have developed only one disease from the water and try more complicated cases later.
March 13, 2024
A North Carolina federal judge ruled that the federal government must produce water modeling project files in litigation over alleged injuries caused by decades-long water contamination at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, ordering the government to avoid changing the format of some "exotic" files that could make them harder to parse.