Law360 reviews guest submissions for all of our publications. We do not pay for guest articles, nor charge for publishing. Editors look for well-written analysis and op-eds by qualified experts on issues of current interest to the legal and business community, including cases, policies, deals, trends and debates. To submit articles or ideas, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Articles are reviewed within 24 hours. Time-sensitive material should be noted with the submission.
- Be original, up-to-date and 1,000-2,000 words. Longer/shorter works are considered.
- Focus on news from the last 90 days unless discussing broader trends.
- Disclose any potential conflicts of interest, including involvement by authors or their organizations in cases or issues discussed.
Articles should not:
- Have been previously published, other than in law firm publications.
- Be ranting, self-promotional or defamatory.
- Focus on an ongoing case in which the author is involved.
Submissions should include:
- The article in Microsoft Word format (no PDFs).
- Any citations and hyperlinks in the form of numbered endnotes.
- Each author’s name, title, organization and color photo.
- Any charts or visual aids as hi-res JPG or PNG files.
Once an article is accepted for publication:
- You will be required to sign a license agreement.
- Law360 edits for spelling, grammar and punctuation in keeping with AP style and Law360 style.
- Law360 alters headlines — length and tone — to fit our newsletters.
Once an article is published by Law360:
- It cannot be republished in another news outlet for 90 days. Distribution is permitted via law firm publications and social media.
- You will be notified and sent a PDF. To distribute a PDF that includes the Law360 logo, you must purchase a reprint. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- Law360 may be unable to honor requests to modify it, including for reasons of employee hires or departures, etc.
- The author retains copyright, but Law360 reserves the right to republish parts or all of an article indefinitely without any royalty payments.
Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.